We are H.E.R.O.E.S.
Honest, Empathetic, Responsible, Open-minded, Encouraging, Scholars is the honor code created by Summit School students and staff in our first year of operation.
This is where students learn to be civically-engaged leaders in the 21st century. Our roots in democracy and shared governance is one of the many ways we break the mold of traditional education.
Cross-disciplinary, project-based learning experiences rich in STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Art, and Math), collaboration and critical thinking, and a focus on entrepreneurship and innovation are all alive and well at Summit School, where every student is encouraged to identify and reach their own personal summit.
Climb, HEROES, Climb!
A meaningful approach to education.
At Summit School, we educate students in a way that suits their individual needs:
- We apply curriculum to real world experiences instead of “teaching to the test.”
- We allow flexibility in time and scheduling, understanding that a strong deference to the clock can inhibit innovation.
- We teach through integration and collaboration of disciplines–avoiding the traditional approach to education which often divides academic subjects into “silos.”
Recognizing every student's individuality.
At Summit School, every child is respected–and taught–as an individual.
- Students learn at their own pace and enjoy individualized instruction.
- Students are encouraged to find their unique voice and talent while learning to be a contributor to a larger community.
- Learning is interactive, fluid, and our teachers encourage critical thinking, creativity, innovation, and collaboration.
Our teachers love what they do, and their passion is contagious.
- You see it in the once-disengaged child who is now invested, aware, and involved in learning.
- You see it in a child who never liked to read but now dives into one book after another.
- You see it in the child who eagerly embraces every assignment and no longer requires coaxing to work on school projects.
Lesson learnedFor education to be effective today, it must engage, empower, and excite.
What parents are saying
There is no other school like Summit School. The pure excitement that my child gets from going to school and learning through play and projects is absolutely priceless!Kristie, Parent